Friday, September 25, 2009

New Project, and InPlainSight now on Datpiff.com

WhatItLookLIKE!!!!!!

Once again it's on people. First I want to again thank everyone who is checking out InPlainSight: A Stevie Wonder Tribute. I truly appreciate it from the bottom of my heart. And now if you haven't d/l'd it or you just want 2 stream it its now on datpiff.com so you can check it from there.



While i'm still very focus on pushing this project, I can't help but keep it moving when inspiration hits and so it has. Originally I wanted to work on The Prodigal'Sun next but I decided that that will be a follow up 2 my next project.

Dollar And A Dream (shout out to Sai for another ill cover)

Inspired by a conversation I had with Talton, where he said that everyone is chasing dreams. Rather it be music, going to school or whatever it's all a dream. Nothing in life is guaranteed, ask all those rich people who lost there money in this economy. Or the guy who spent his life in school to become an big accountant, but is now working at dollar tree cause he couldn't find a opening and got bills to pay. What makes a kid who wants to become an NBA player dream any less reachable than the kid who wants to become a lawyer? We all have to pay our dues in our chase, and I'm no different. Rather it be money, time, friends, sleep, whatever we all make sacrifices. This project is about chasing your dreams, the journey through life doing so and so much more.

This is about never letting anyone tell you 'you can't' especially yourself. This is about knowing at the end of the day, even if that dream doesn't come true, you gave it your all and if you failed, well you failed on your terms not on anyone elses. Its about being able to look in that mirror and not having to say "what if, if only I, i wish I had".

Imagine if Martin Luther King, Jr listened to everyone when they said give it up and your dream of peace isn't worth it, or Alexander Graham Bell, or Bill Gates (who i didn't know dropped out of college... thats crazy), or if someone would of told that like mixed kid from the Chi to fall back, what if he'd listened? Then the glass ceiling would of never been broke and we'd of never had our 1st Black President (that's still crazy)

One thing is for certain in life, we all have a Dollar And A Dream. And this is my story, your story, our story.

No comments:

Post a Comment