Saturday, November 7, 2009

Trouble feat Snapy Dee (Prod Snapy Dee)

Ok so let me give you the story as to how this track came to be. One day I saw a commercial I guess it was a insurance one, and in this commercial there was this song playing in the background. It was so dope, so soulful. I had to find out who it was buy and what was it. So i went on a hunt online and found the artist responsible for this jam. Turns out his name was Ray LaMontagne.



I had to check out his other songs to make sure it wasn't a fluke and ahh mayne, this guy is so freaking awesome. I became a fan instantly. So I become a fan on his Facebook music page and in the midst of that stumbled on this awesome art done by a fan, Alban Dupoizat.

Now if you guys pay any attention to me you know Alban (whats up bro) is the mastermind behind what is now my JaFleu logo. After talking with him he checked out my music and told me he was a fan of it. Inspire by Alban and also Ray's song I hit up Snapy Dee andd told him "Yo we gotta sample this" And once again it was on. Snapy couldn't sample the whole hook so he came up with the idea of me rapping part of it and I decided an even better idea was for him 2 rap it so we get that Common/Kanye/The Corner feel 2 it. And bam!!!!



Some mornings I just don’t
Wanna get up
So frustrated at the news
This world’s got me fed up
With some much drama pouring
It’s hard 2 keep your head up
Without catching a brick
A disease, we all sick
There’s got be a answer
A way, away from where it’s thick
Praying for a change
Where our spirits will be lift
On higher
Past our
Current existence
From the struggle
Just trying 2 keep
A safe distance
Seems like with each step forward
Its 2 steps back
Sorry as I bare it all
Over soulful tracks
Guess heaven only knows
What the future holds
If life’s a game
Lord let me borrow
The cheat codes
I’m just trying 2 make it
Out from where
It seems like
Hopeless despair
I know it’s never fair
But why does it
Always seem to appear
With any kind of success
Trouble makes its presence clear


Take a look at the places that we grew
Take a deeper understanding
On the actions that we do
They say we demonic
Got to be heartless
With the way that we move
This can’t be life
The restless nights
Arrest for fights
4 trying to alter our plights
Forsake the good
Just 2 do what’s right
I seen a rose grow
In the middle
Of the ghetto
Gave me hope
So I refuse to ever let go
Seems like with each step forward
Its 2 steps back
Sorry as I bare it all
Over soulful tracks
Guess heaven only knows
What the future holds
If life’s a game
Lord let me borrow
The cheat codes
I’m just trying 2 make it
Out from where
It seems like
Hopeless despair
I know it’s never fair
But why does it
Always seem to appear
With any kind of success
Trouble makes its presence clear

No comments:

Post a Comment