Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Lupe New 1st Single 4 L.A.S.E.R.S "Show Goes On"



Time for L.A.S.E.R.S with the Label finally backing Lupe Fiasco and giving the project a release date (After missing chances to back "Shining Down" and "I'm Beaming" we have a official single.

Ala "Show Goes On" and yes people the show does. Fiasco goes in lyrically as usual, giving you uplifting lyrics with such skill with the flow. The track has a triumph feel from the jump as the hook sings "Alright, already the show goes on!"




Lupe Fiasco - "Show Goes On"




"they treat you like a slave/ put chains all on your soul/ and put whips up on your back/ they be lyin' through they teeth/ hope you slip up off your path/ i don't switch up, i just laugh/ put my kicks up on they desk, unaffected by they threats/ and get busy on they ass/ see thats how that Chi-Town made me/ thats how my daddy raised me/ that glitter may not be gold, don't let nobody play me "


"even if they ban us/ they'll never slow my plans up"

"yeah yeah the world is yours/ i was once that boy/ terrified of the world, now i'm on a world tour"


Tracks that were orginally supposed to be singles:
"Shining Down"


"I'm Beaming"

The video was paid for out of pocket by Lupe himself

L.A.S.E.R.S is slated to drop March 8, 2011 but let's hope we can get it sooner his it's been completed and Lupe is already working on "Food And Liquor II: The Great American Rap Album"

And has released a song for it : "Go To Sleep"

No comments:

Post a Comment