Friday, November 26, 2010

New Painting Inspired By Kanye West "Lost In The World"




I've been bumping Kanye's new album "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" something crazy. And while every song is amazing and dope, my favorite for some reason is "Lost In The World".


Something about that song just sticks with me, so last night while I'm bumping songs by Queen (man that band is awesome) I decided to paint my interpretation of the song.

The man holding the world represents someone just being lost gazing at life, the song starts off saying "I'm up in the woods, I'm down on my life/ I'm building a cil to slow down the time". So I have him in a wooden area looking down on the world/life. I purposely start to mash up the "slow down the time" lines to give this dreary lost confused feeling that I got from that part of the song.

The woman is on his mind, that why I have her coming out of his head. Inside her you see these spirits, one is a devil, angel, a woman throwing up the peace sign and another with a gun. Those represent how Kanye felt about the woman he loves when he says

"Your my devil, you my angel, your my heaven, your my hell.....your my war, your my truce".

I just happen to really dig this song. Nothing to deep about this lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment