Tuesday, September 13, 2011

15yrs later... R.I.P. 2Pac



15 years, can you believe it's been 15 years to the day that it was announced that we lost the man that could be considered the John Lennon of our generation. The always controversial, inspirational and powerful Tupac Amaru Shakur. To this day he's death has left such a major void in not just Hip Hop but music in general.

Many made claims that he may have been to irrational, and tried to much to be to many things but that may of been what made him great. Pac said it himself "I'm a artist, I have to hit it from all sides". And rather he made "I get around", "Keep your head up", "Hit 'Em Up", "Life Goes On", "Dear Mama", or "I Ain't Mad at Cha" 2Pac touched on various emotions, situations and even beliefs.

His presence is massively missed in the music and his impact expands past just the streets and corners but even to corner offices. They'll never be another. Many have tried and failed. R.I.P. Tupac Amaru Shakur, Rapper/Poet/Actor/& Activist. He truly was, the rose that grew from the concrete.

"I'm not saying I'm gonna change the world, but I guarantee that I will spark the brain that will change the world." - Tupac




No comments:

Post a Comment