Sunday, September 18, 2011

Amazing time at The Funk: Art/Fashion/Trunk Show

Last night, Daniel Fortune and I we're fortunate (yeah I did that) to be able to not only attend but have our artwork be apart of The Funk: Art/Fashion/Trunk Show. It was an incredible feeling to be in a place with people who really we're about art. Before we even got close to the entrance of the 1310 Gallery, I spotted Daniel's painting of Miles Davis. The feeling was indescribable of walking in and seeing your work up on walls surrounded by other great artist. The performances where spectacular, the singers voices we're angelic, fashion show to dope, and the violinist, Karine Isabelle literally blew my mind.
It was just an amazing night. Nzinga and Caroline put together a extraordinary show. And the fact that school supplies and money was being raised for children in Haiti was the icing on the cake. There was a moment when I saw a couple of folks talking about one of my paintings "Battle4Soulz" and I got to hear honest interpretations before revealing I was the artist. The show definitely has me excited for when we put together our art showing Paint The Throne. And overall it just inspired me as a artist. More Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment