Saturday, September 24, 2011

"RunNoMoreFromRevolution" Painting #PaintTheThrone

The other night BET re ran one of their award shows whilst (yeah I did say whilst) flipping channels I had landed on a scene where Queen Latiafh was paying tribute to Gil Scott - Heron. She stood in front of this huge picture and that coupled with the thought of last Monday being Will Da Real One's bday (both of legendary poets who passed away around the same time) inspired me.




So last night I decided to paint something honoring both men for Daniel and I's upcoming artshow "Paint The Throne". A couple of hours later, while bumping Cole World (def buying that album, shout out to J, Cole), Wale's Eleven One Eleven Theory and Kendrick Lamar's Section 80 (man these joints are DOPE) I completed what I titled "RunNoMoreFromRevolution".





The reason for the title is because one of Gil Scott-Heron's most well known pieces is called "The Revolution Will Not Be Televised"

And one of Will's most well known ones (and my personal favorite) piece is "So I Run"







So I just combined the two titles, nothing clever lol. The painting is 24x24 and I used SOHO oils.




No comments:

Post a Comment