Thursday, December 22, 2011

Happy Birthday Jean-Michel Basquiat!!!

I just wanted to take this time to say happy birthday to one of my art heroes Jean-Michel Basquiat. One thing I loved about him was he could of been a traditional artist if he so choose, but instead he painted from his heart and did his own thing. Created his own lane. A rebel, if you will. The more and more I learn of him the more I admire him. From his meteoric rise to his saddening fall. He has left a major mark on not just "urban" or "black" art but art overall. His work has extended far and wide. Gone to soon, but forever he lives through his work that inspires so many. Happy birthday Basquiat, and thank you.




Jean-Michel Basquiat: Radiant Child Documentary


I am not a black artist, I am an artist.



I don't think about art when I'm working. I try to think about life.


I don't listen to what art critics say. I don't know anybody who needs a critic to find out what art is.



I wanted to be a star, not a gallery mascot.

No comments:

Post a Comment