Wednesday, December 21, 2011

"Pussy & Religion" Painting/ My Interview with Kreyolicious.com!

Last night after teasing if for while we finally revealed the painting of "Pussy & Religion". The reaction was amazing and I am beyond humbled at the love that was given for it. "Pussy & Religion" was inspired by Kanye West's song "Hell Of A Life" from My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. In the hook Kanye sings "No more drugs for me, pussy and religion is all I need...". The line stuck with me, the two most powerful and controlling things in this world are these to things. Wars have been fought for it and so forth.

Making Of "Pussy & Religion"

Pussy & Religion
24x30
Buy Prints Here


I decided after completing this piece that I'm going to do a exhibit in early 2012 that will be called "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy". Every painting I create will be based/inspired by the Kanye West album (which has been snubbed for Grammy: Album Of The Year), rather it be full songs, concepts inspired while listening to the albums, lines etc, So be on the look out for that.



Also checkout the Interview I did with Kreyolicious.com "Jason Fleurant: A Portrait of the Young Painter" . I want to thank her for taking the time to do that. I'm honor, it was my first time being interviewed. I hope you guys enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment