Sunday, March 25, 2012

"Forever Young" Painting

A couple of days ago I saw a post by my friend Delaleu (who happens to be an amazing artist/poet) where she posted this beautiful photo of this boy. I instantly wanted to recreate it, but with my own spin of course.

 While painting it, I had Pandora playing. It was at the critical part where I was trying to decide rather I would keep the flower or try something different. The song "Forever Young" by Jay-Z came on and that's when I decided to make him hold the world and title it such.

I have to be honest, in the midst of making this peace I was pretty sick (not sick as in being dope, but sick as in 'cough cough'). The were literally moments while painting this I blacked out here and there. But the final piece came together very well. This was my first oil piece since I took a brief switch up to acrylics. Of course still rocking with SOHO Urban Paint. I'm just saying it works for me. 22x28 Canvas Oil Paint








No comments:

Post a Comment