Sunday, March 25, 2012

Trayvon Martin Inspired Art...some thoughts #JusticeForTrayvon

On another note, unless you've been living under a rock you must know about the travesty that occured to young Trayvon Martin. And if you happen to follow me on twitter (@JafleuTheArtist....shameless plug) you know I've definitely time and time again shared my displeasure with that scenario

As an artist it was only right to use my gifts to express how I feel about the situation or help bring light. So I did these to pieces one of Trayvon Martin and the other called "Hoodie Pains". Trayvon's murder is simply a modern day lynching in every sense of the word. The fact that George Zimmerman has not been charge is a disgrace. The very law makers that created the "Stand Your Ground" law...which I call "The GUNshine State Act" have gone out there way to say that the law doesn't apply here.


Everything from the mishandling by the police departments, the 911 calls, the fact the Skittles is banking crazy money and getting ton of free promo to all the racist flooding the scenes, to Newt Genrich twisting President Obama's statement "If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon" to make him seem racist to fit his own political agenda, to Geraldo, to anything else you can add is disgusting me.


The horrible thing is as much (AND BELIEVE ME HE IS GREATLY TO BLAME) as George Zimmerman is to blame for young Trayvon's death, I can't help but see how our own people added to it. I'll share with you some tweets I had wrote:


I don't believe in the death penalty, I don't believe an eye for an eye is justice. I do know our system is corrupted. but I believe true justice is not murder. if we were to kill or sentence Zimmerman to death it makes us no better than him 

and on some real shit tho. if Zimmerman vigilante acts are acceptable because of the #standyourgroundlaw what's to stop someone from running around dress like Batman? 

the sad thing everyone seems to ignore is while Zimmerman is a racist that murdered #trayvonmartin. tray's death was spawn from a larger ripple effect of young black men resorting to this "Hood life ". think about it. there was a rash of burglaries by black men which prompt this racist feeling he had the right to take the law into his own hands when he saw a young black boy. so in a sense those young blacks that did the robberies have trayvon blood on there hands . We have got to do better, were killing ourselves 

RIP Trayvon Martin, God Bless his family. We've got to do better, we can't let this murder go without having justice and we can't keep letting this happen!

Samuel L. Jackson - Blame

No comments:

Post a Comment