Saturday, June 9, 2012

Recreated Painting: "2Roads2AmericanDreamsII" #Painting #Art inspired by @KanyeWest #Power #MyBeautifulDarkTwistedFantasy #MBDTF #ArtLife #Art

This is a piece I've been waiting to revisit for a minute after I lost the original (don't ask). The original piece "2Roads2TheAmericanDream" (read about the piece here) was featured in international/critically acclaimed spoken word artist Taalam Acey's project "MODERN AESTHETICSISM".




What prompted me to recreate it was I was bumping Kanye's Power yesterday and it reminded me how Kanye's mind-state was similar to what this piece was about. That feeling of coming so far only to be reminded your just a nigger once you slip up. I decided to not add words this time and just let the painting it's self speak for it's self.







No comments:

Post a Comment