Tuesday, June 5, 2012

"Where Angels Rest..." #Painting #Art inspired by @KanyeWest #MyBeautifulDarkTwistedFantasy #MBDTF #DarkFantasy

Originally I was going to make this a 3 piece set (and that's still a possibility) but decided to just do the 2 piece 8x10. After visiting The Norton Museum of Art, I guess my muses are musing. Was bumping "Dark Fantasy" by Kanye West and the way the hook goes "can we get much higher, so high, so hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggghhhhhhh" makes me think of angels just chilling in the clouds. Chilling in the heavens, that how pure, and amazing that section is.





So I made these pieces to reflect that. I didn't want the skies to be light blue cuz it would of been to cliche. I wanted to keep that vibe of it being 'dark' but colorful. I wanted to have something close to the color schemes that were shown in the "Runaway" short movie, when the Phoenix fell from the sky to keep it a little tied in.


No comments:

Post a Comment