Thursday, June 25, 2015

Livin' The Rhythm Painting / Left Handed Drawing / Commissions



Last week was the 5 year anniversary of "Livin the Rhythm" drum circle that's held at Harold's coffee shop here in Northwood. While kicking it, I dove into my sketch book and drew a study of my point of view there. And later decided to turn it into an painting using the "impressionist" style.










Title: Livin' the Rhythm
Size: 11inch x 20inch
Medium: Oil on Canvas
Inquires: art@gallery38.com

Going Left


Lately I've been testing out just drawing using my left hand. I'm a righty so it's been an interesting task but so far so good. Kinda cool to know that skill isn't limited to one. Look forward to trying to paint with my left.






The Commission



Lastly, "Sistah's of Revolution" finally heads home. And Mama Djenaba couldn't be happier.
She commission an painting that would involve Nina Simone, Angela Davis and Winnie Mandela and trusted my vision. To own your on commission painting email: art@gallery38.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment