Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Black History Month Fleu: Poetry x Art Curating

JaFleu the Artist performing at Black History Month Event

It was an honor and a blessing to perform at "Past, Present & Future: The Arts" Black History Month Celebration presented by Circuit 15 Staff. The applauses and encores filled my heart. This certificate of recognition blessed my soul. I was presented as "The Future".






The celebration of Black Arts was amazing. I was nervous but once I got going it was on. I was even more so honored to be given a certificate of recognition of my poetry & artwork. Something that as kid never got awards at school that meant a lot to me.





Lake Worth Street Painting Festival
With Common Ground's Maeva as Tracy Guiteau creates her masterpiece. 

The next two days were spent at the LWSPF where I had curated artists to take part in out Exhibit Treal debut. You can read about that here

Exhibit Treal "Black Gold" Art Exhibit Ending


Friday, March 3rd of the end of the Exhibit Treal Black History Month art exhibition I curated in collaboration with Artists Showcase of the Palm Beaches at Lake Park Public Libray

What's next? 





I'll be performing at Miami Live Open Mic Tuesday, March 7th.


And then Friday, March 10th, is the opening of the latest Exhibit Treal that I've curated. This time in partnership with The Milargo Center's The Blueprint Gallery. We'll be presenting an Haitian Heritage Exhibit. 
Be sure to RSVP

For Booking: Spoken Word Performance/Art Inquiries/ Live Painting etc email jafleutheartist@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment